HOW TO LOVE YOUR LIVER TO BOOST FERTILITY.
Your liver is amazing! I want you to love your liver. To protect health. And fertility. Here’s why and how…
Toxic Chemicals Are Everywhere…
There are toxic chemicals every flippin’ where.
In the food that we eat.
In the soils that grow that food.
In the water we drink.
In the air we breathe in.
In the cosmetics and toiletries, we use on our hair, skin, nails, bodies.
Those chemicals can collect in our bods. They can disrupt hormone health. They can be nutrient stealers – taking from us the nutrients key to fertility.
It’s the liver that help process those nasty chemicals.
Toxic Chemicals and Fertility
There is growing evidence that some chemicals rob us of nutrition. And harm hormone health.
So, it makes loads of sense to reduce exposure when you’re trying to fall pregnant.
Now I know some of you want to know exactly what the risk is, right? The answer is I don’t know. I’m not sure anyone has the big picture yet. It’s hard to say exactly what the impact is on fertility. Here’s a fab website with lots of great info, though.
But I think every little helps. Especially, if you’re finding it hard to conceive or carry a baby full term. Or you’re trying to have the healthiest baby possible by being as healthy as you can be.
Every little helps to boost natural fertility.
Every little helps people get pregnant faster.
Every little helps boost the chances of successful IVF.
Every little helps towards a happy, healthy pregnancy.
Every little helps for the healthiest baby you possible.
It’s tough to remove ALL toxins. Even if you tried to go off grid. BUT it IS possible to reduce exposure. And by some pretty simple actions.
So where do you start? You start by loving your liver.
Love Your Liver To Boost Fertility
Your liver and kidneys are organs that remove toxic nasties from your body. It makes sense to keep them in tip top condition. Whether you’re trying to get pregnant or not.
Your liver IS a chemical processing plant!
It cleans our blood, neutralises toxic waste and removes old/excess hormones from the blood. So it helps to balance hormones. Who knew?
Your liver helps metabolise fats, proteins and carbs and balance blood sugar levels.
When our livers are a bit meh, toxins clog it, old hormones aren’t cleared out and blood sugar goes haywire.
You are left with toxins in your blood, hormone imbalance and riding the energy rollercoaster.
An overloaded liver forces your kidneys and adrenals (glands on top of kidneys) to work harder.
That means pressure on adrenals, which risks high cortisol – The Stress Hormone – and more reproductive hormone havoc.
Anyone hear that Diana Ross song Chain Reaction playing in their head?
Not good for fertility. The hormone havoc I meant: nothing to do with Diana Ross, you understand.
Tips for Loving Your Liver
So how DO you love your liver?
NO extreme measures, please. Just simple steps.
- Eat a nutrient dense, healthy diet. Choose as much food as you can that is organic. Avoid packaged and processed and GMO food.
- Eat lots of antioxidants. Antioxidants are like Pac Man mopping up the “free radicals”. Free radicals are damaged atoms searching for electrons. They cause cell damage. Eat goji berries, blueberries, organic dark chocolate, pecans, artichoke, elderberries, kidney beans, cranberries, blackberries, coriander, grapes, leafy greens, sweet potatoes, brazil nuts to boost your antioxidant intake.
- Eat plenty of fibre to prevent absorbing chemicals into the bloodstream to be handled by the liver.
- Drink plenty of filtered water. Avoid bottles of water with BPA plastic. Another hormone harmer.
- Avoid alcohol… it puts a strain on the liver.
- Avoid or reduce caffeine as well.
Love your liver. Then you can make a start on detoxing your life. A subject of another blog. Keep your eyes peeled.
Love, Kathy x